Green Mug

 tripleclicks.com
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ TripleClicks Green Mug— $7.25 (Save 27%!)
Drink your favorite beverage in style with this attractive TripleClicks Green Mug. Features the TripleClicks logo and "TripleClicks.com" printed on front. Dishwasher safe.
Drink your favorite beverage in style with this attractive TripleClicks Green Mug. Features the TripleClicks logo and "TripleClicks.com" printed on front. Dishwasher safe.
4.54 13
7.25 USD InStock

Friday 23 November 2018

Carry the Crate by William R Ireland

must-read post
“Manliness consists not in bluff, bravado or loneliness. It consists in daring to do the right thing and facing consequences whether it is in matters social, political or other. It consists in deeds not words.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

It was a typical summer day in Atlanta, Georgia, hot and humid! I had arrived at the IBM Tower early to service some 50+ vending machines, both soda and snack. I had machines on 23 different floors so I had to load my lay-down dolly with a lot of product to save time from back and forth trips to the truck. There was only 1 service elevator.

When I got to Alston & Bird, a Law Firm on the 40th Floor, I had already collected a good bit of money, and a fairly heavy bag of change( I estimate between 40-50 lbs). Within a few minutes an alarm began to sound. It was a Fire Drill! Mandatory evacuation of the building was ordered by the Fire Marshall.

Guess what DOESN'T work when there is a fire/fire drill? That's right, elevators! Did I mention that I was on the 40th floor? A 40 floor exit down the hot stairway is bad enough, but I also had a crate of money, COMPANY money, and it wouldn't fit under/in the machine!

I couldn't risk that someone hid out and didn't evacuate the building. I carried the crate which held the money bags down all those flights of stairs, simply because it was the right thing to do!

Do you know what SFI says about responsibility? "Both Sponsors and Co-Sponsors have a responsibility to support their affiliates. If you are willing to earn income on the actions of your affiliates, you must of course be willing to also help them with questions they might have, share tips, etc. This is an integral part of our type of business. It's all about working together for mutual gain." Source

Where some people get confused, in my opinion, is that "responsibility" is not issuing orders! You MUST do this, or you MUST do that! Responsibility is a willingness to do just what SFI says, help with questions, share tips. In other words, CARRY THE CRATE!

What happens to those that carry the crate? Responsibility generates trust. trust generates even more responsibility, that is accompanied by greater reward.

Don't CREATE fire drills! Just do the right thing when they happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Leadership Page

 I have updated my SFI Leadership Page. You can view it here at https://trainingmyteam.blogspot.com